Make a forecast of a technology that will change how people communicate
Make a poster of people interacting with a future technology that has not been created yet.
Things to think about: How has technology changed so far? How will life change in the future and how will technology have to adapt to accomodate these changes?
Forecasts for 1907
- This first photograph below told of a future where people where using wireless telegraphs to communicate with each other. How did this vision come true?
- How is the artists vision different from our current time? Is the depiction in the photograph describing a negative or positive lifestyle choice, why or why not?
Punch’s Almanack for 1879
- This technology below was a projection of light and sound, what technology does it relate to today and how is it different?
- What do you think the people are holding and what do you think it was it used for?
- Research: What technology was available in 1879 that allowed visual entertainment? How did it work and how did people interact with it?